17TH ANNUAL PUG SOCIAL in Killington, Vermont
When: Saturday, Sept 7, 2019 @ 10 am. (Rain or Shine!)
Where: Sherburne Memorial Library, 2998 River Road, Killington, VT
Click here for directions
- Everyone will register as they enter the Pug Social. You can print the form and have it filled out prior to arrival to shorten your registration time.
PUG SOCIAL VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
- Volunteers are a vital part of every successful Social. We welcome your help!
PUG SOCIAL VENDOR APPLICATION
- With so many pugs and people looking for "pug items" we need great vendors! Sign up today as a vendor
To view photos from 2018 Pug Social: CLICK HERE
Schedule: (Times are subject to change)
Saturday Evening Dinner:
- 7:00-9:00 Setup By GMPR Staff & Volunteers
- 9:00 - 10:00 Registration of Attendees & Contest Signups
- 10:00 Welcoming Comments
- 10:15 Best Kisser Contest
- 10:30 Best Wrinkles Contest
- 10:45 Curliest Tail Contest
- 11:00 Best Trick / Talent Contest
- 11:15 Pug-Friendly Cake Eating Contest
- 11:45 - 12:25 Lunch Break or Shopping -
EAT AT THE PUG CAFÉ for Hot dogs, Kielbasa Dogs, Hamburgers, Nachos, Desserts, Drinks The Pug fun will make you hungry!
- 11:45-12:15 – Free Play Time in the Arena (All pugs can run free with each other …)
- 12:30 - 1:00 -Alumni Parade of Rescued Pugs ( all pugs in attendance that have been adopted since we started in 2002).
- COSTUME CATEGORIES:
- 1:15 Best Group Costumes (with or without owners and with or without props)
- 1:30 Funniest Costume
- 1:45 Prom-themed Costume (Pug Social Prom King and Queen will be crowned!)
- PUG RACES & STROLLS
- 2:00 Wheelie Race (Race for pugs with wheel chairs)
- 2:15 Stroller Stroll (Owners with dog strollers to take a stroll with their pugs around the arena)
- 2:30 - 3:00 Great Pug Races (Group 1: Pugs of all ages; Group 2: Pugs aged 10 years and older)
- 3:00 - SILENT AUCTION CLOSES
- 3:15 - 4:00 Crap Raffle Drawing, 50/50 Winner Drawing , Oldest Pug Announcement, Furthest Traveled Pug Announcement. Dog Bag Raffle Auction winners announced and closing statement by GMPR Staff.
The Saturday Night Dinner has returned and will be located at the Vermont Inn in Mendon, Vermont following the pug social. The fee for the dinner is $10 per person. If you would like to sign up to attend the dinner, please contact GMPR Board Member, Amy Rothenberger via email or Facebook.
NOTE: PLEASE BE SURE TO VERIFY YOUR RESERVATION WITH YOUR HOTEL PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL. DUE TO OTHER EVENTS GOING ON IN THE AREA, BOOK YOUR RESERVATION NOW TO SECURE YOUR HOTEL ROOM!
The Vermont Inn; 800-541-7795
The Vermont Inn, located at 78 Cream Hill Road, Mendon, VT is a family and Pug friendly Bed and Breakfast. Emily and Mike have set aside all of their 16 rooms for the GMPR Social at a discounted rate.
The following area hotels are also "pug friendly"
The Butternut Inn 802-422-5660 (3 miles from event)
Holding the no pet fee, reduced $99 per night
Inn at Long Trail 802-325-2540 (4 miles from event)
Standard room rates – no discount. $110-$145 per night
1 pet per room, $10 per day, no weight restrictions
No deposit required, but a credit card must be offered at check in for potential damages
Val Roc 802-422-3881 (5 miles from event)
Econo Lodge 866-539-8430 (6 miles from event)
Hillside Inn 802-315-0039 (Killington Access Road. 6 miles from event)
2 pets per room max, up to 90 lbs (Combined)
$25 per night pet fee, Standard room rate $70 + tax..
Clear River Inn & Tavern (802)746-7916 (7 miles from event)
The owner of the inn typically only allows dogs in certain rooms but for our event he is opening up the entire inn for guests to stay in any of the rooms with their dogs.
They’re booked for a wedding that weekend, only a few rooms available
4 double rooms @ $293 for the weekend, all taxes included, no pet fee
2 queen rooms @ $311 for the weekend, all taxes included, no pet fee
2 – 2BR suites @ $735 for the weekend, all taxes included, no pet fee
Best Western 802-773-3200 (10 miles from event)
Days Inn Rutland by Wyndham - 802-282-4985 (15 miles from event)
Special rates for AAA members, veterans, active military, AARP, Seniors, or Wyndam Rewards members
Standard rates apply, no discount offered from $66 - $194 per night + taxes
1 pet per room max, up to 50 lbs
$100 deposit plus an additional $20 per night.
"pug friendly" but may charge an additional pet fee. You can also go to Bringfido.com to look up other pet-friendly hotels in the area.